Since i started using CapZea i haven't experienced pain during or after sport. Whether it is my knee, ankles, heels or...
The Product Range
CapZea Pain Free Liniment
CapZea Pain Free Liniment containing Kunzea ambigua essential oil, peppermint oil, wintergreen oil, black pepper essential oil, Hypericum perforatum infused oil, capsicum extract in carrier oil base with penetration enhancers.
This unique combination of ingredients works synergistically to improve the quality of life in people suffering with all sorts of pain by acting on the following therapeutic targets:
- Block pain fast for immediate pain relief
- Reduces Inflammation
- Allows your body to heal
- Improves range of movement
- Breaks down corks and bruising
CapZea Pain Free Liniment Ingredients
Kunzea ambigua oil (Myrtaceae family)
Kunzea ambigua is an Australian native plant. The oil extracted from Kunzea is a powerful anti-inflammatory with pain-relieving properties. Kunzea oil has been listed with the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration for the following approved therapeutic claims:
For the temporary relief of the pain of arthritis and rheumatism; relief of the symptoms of influenza; relief of muscular aches and pains; helps relieve nervous tension, stress and mild anxiety.
Various case histories, anecdotal reports and traditional use suggest the following applications for Kunzea oil:
• Relieving pain and inflammation.
• The temporary relief of the pain of arthritis
• Relief of the symptoms of influenza
• Relief of muscular aches and pains
• Helps relieve nervous tension, stress and mild anxiety
• Temporary relief of the pain of rheumatism
• Helps heal cuts and bruises
• Small wounds and minor burns
• Muscular, tendon and joint injuries
• Insect bites, such as from mosquitoes and spiders
• Gout, where uric acid deposits cause intense inflammation
• bruising if Kunzea oil is applied to the area within 4 hours after the trauma
• eczema and psoriasis
• as an antiseptic
• respiratory catarrh and congestion, used as an inhalant or massaged into thoracic region and / or the soles of the feet
Kunzea oil has low allergenic potential and non-irritant and generally is well tolerated even when used undiluted on the skin. However, it is always recommended to test a small amount of any essential oil, as skin sensitivity is always a possibility in these conditions. This can be from a 1% to 10% concentration of an essential oil in a base for this purpose.
Kunzea oil is a safe, non-toxic essential oil for general use.12345
Menthol from Peppermint oil
Menthol plays a dual role in the analgesic and anti-inflammatory liniments: it causes cooling and local anaesthetic effects and, being a penetration enhancer; it increases the skin permeation of the combined active substances.6
Methyl Salicylate from Wintergreen oil
Methyl salicylate is widely available in many over-the-counter liniments, ointments, lotions or medicated oils for the relief of musculoskeletal aches and pains. It is a very powerful anti-inflammatory.7
Capsaicin from capsicum extract
Capsaicin blocks pain. Following application to the skin; capsaicin causes enhanced sensitivity by binding into pain receptors, followed by a period with reduced sensitivity as it remains bound to the pain receptor and blocks any further pain signals. After repeated applications, persistent desensitisation and hypoalgesia (pain relief) is achieved. Capsaicin has been proven to be a truly exciting molecule and remains a valuable drug for alleviating pain.8
Carrier oil base with penetration enhancers
The carrier oil base that is used in the roll on device allows for a free flowing liquid and a lubricated ball in the roll on device. The carrier oil base uses a combination of carrier oils that have synergistic properties for massage and support efficient transdermal penetration.
The combination of oils used in the CapZea Pain Free Liniment include: Grape (Vitis vinifera) seed oil, Olive (Olea europaea) oil, Jojoba (Simmondsia chinenis seed) oil, and Rosehip (Rosa canina) oil.
Active fatty acid components – getting the ingredients to where they are needed
The fatty acid components in the carrier oil base, in particular the oleic acid, stearic acid, linoleic and linolenic acids are well known and extensively studied surfactants that have demonstrated powerful penetration enhancing properties. At low concentrations, surfactants increase the permeability of the skin to many substances as they penetrate the skin and disrupt the skin barrier function.9
Roll on device
The Roll-on device allows for easy, no mess application. This avoids the risk of having ingredients left on the hands and fingers that may get into eyes and tender sensitive areas. The Roll-on device itself allows for application to trigger points and isolated points of pain and can be used to provide a relieving massage.
The Roll-on device also allows practitioners to use the product many times throughout the day without overdosing on any ingredient due to repeated exposure. The roll on device utilizes a synergistic carrier oil base with penetration enhancers to facilitate the delivery of the active ingredients to the site of pain.
We all get aches and pains from time to time. They can be annoying but more importantly, these aches and pains can stop people living a full life and worse than that, may keep you out of the gym! Don’t let these aches get in the way for your health goals, lifestyle or gym program. Sure, taking synthetic pain pills can reduce the pain but they can have significant side effects. Taking an oral pain killer means that the medication goes to every part of the body and not just on the painful part. Rubbing CapZea Pain Free Liniment directly on the affected part will get the most active ingredients directly on the site and relieve the pain, without the systemic side effects.
“Since i started using CapZea i haven’t experienced pain during or after sport. Whether it is my knee, ankles, heels or Achilles – using the CapZea on a daily basis or before a game has helped relieve and eliminate any pain in those areas! :)” – Steven Petigrew
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- HIDEYUKI I. ET AL.: ‘dimeric Flavonol Glycoside and Galloylated C-Glucosylchromones from Kunzea ambigua’ JOURNAL OF NATURAL PRODUCTS vol. 67, no. 3, 2004, pages 411 – 415,
- BLOOR S J: “ANTIVIRAL PHLOROGLUCINOLS FROM NEW ZEALAND KUNZEA SPECIES”, JOURNAL OF NATURAL PRODUCTS, AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY, US, vol. 55, no. 1, 1 January 1992 (1992-01-01), pages 43-47, XP000905508, ISSN: 0163-3864, DOI: DOI:10.1021/NP50079A006
- ITO H ET AL: “Kunzeanones A, B, and C: novel alkylated phloroglucinol metabolites from Kunzea ambigua”, TETRAHEDRON, ELSEVIER SCIENCE PUBLISHERS, AMSTERDAM, NL, vol. 60, no. 44, 25 October 2004 (2004-10-25), pages 9971-9976, XP004580198, ISSN: 0040-4020, DOI: DOI:10.1016/J.TET.2004.08.027
- LIS-BALCHIN M ET AL: “BIOACTIVITY OF NEW ZEALAND MEDICINAL PLANT ESSENTIAL OILS”, ACTA HORTICULTURAE, INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY FOR HORTICULTURAL SCIENCE, BE, no. 426, 1 January 1996 (1996-01-01), pages 13-30, XP002055778, ISSN: 0567-7572
- LIS-BALCHIN M ET AL: “Pharmacological and antimicrobial studies on different tea-tree oils (Melaleuca alternifolia, Leptospermum scoparium or manuka and Kunzea ericoides or Kanuka), originating in Australia and New Zealand”, MEDICINAL & AROMATIC PLANTS ABSTRACTS, SCIENTIFIC PUBLISHERS, SCIENTIFIC PUBLISHERS, NEW DELHI – INDIA, vol. 23, no. 2, 1 April 2001 (2001-04-01), XP018013444, ISSN: 0250-4367
- Nicoletta Galeottia, Lorenzo Di Cesare Mannellia, Gabriela Mazzantib, Alessandro Bartolinia, Carla Ghelardinia. Menthol: a natural analgesic compound. Neuroscience Letters. Volume 322, Issue 3, 12 April 2002, Pages 145–148
- Altman R, Barkin RL. Topical therapy for osteoarthritis: clinical and pharmacologic perspectives. Postgrad Med. 2009 Mar;121(2):139-47.
- Alexandru DP Papoiu, Gil Yosipovitch. Topical capsaicin. The fire of a ‘hot’ medicine is reignited. Expert Opinion on Pharmacotherapy, June 2010, Vol. 11, No. 8 : Pages 1359-1371
- Som I, Bhatia K, Mohd. Yasir. Status of surfactants as penetration enhancers in transdermal drug delivery. J Pharm Bioall Sci 2012;4:2-9
I've been using all ATP products for the past 2 1/2 to 3 years. My favourite products are Infrared and Capzea. In the past I...
Just wanted to drop an email in regards to a couple of products that i am using within your range. I listen to the podcast...
Yes absolutely it can be used to take away pain from sports injuries however we recommend you remember that you have the injury to begin with.
No, it is exactly the same.
Yes, anywhere sensitive to heat....