In both men and women, testosterone levels peak between 25 to 30 years of age and thereafter drop approximately 1-2% annually. At the age of 60, testosterone levels are typically only 40-50% of youthful levels and may be lower due to stress and related lifestyle issues such as diet, exercise, and sleep patterns. This lowering in testosterone has been linked to a poorer health outcome in many areas of life.¹
The Key Ingredients of Alpha Mars
Shilajit is one of the most powerful ingredient for building and rebuilding, anti-fatigue, anti-aging purposes and improving resilience to anything that life can throw at you. Traditionally shilajit is used as a panacea for all disease as well as a Rasayana (rejuvenator) with promises to increase wellness. Shilajit is aptly referred to as ‘rasayana’/’rasayanam’ in Ayurveda and Siddha literature which means rejuvenator because it prevents ailment and enhances the quality of life.²
What can Shilajit do for you?
- Boost testosterone by >20%
- Increase sperm production by >35% and sperm movement by >60%³
- Increase energy production in mitochondria4
Panax Ginseng is the one “true” ginseng of the ginseng family. Panax can provide the following benefits
- Nitric Oxide (NO) vasodilation
- Improve erections as treatment for erectile dysfunction
- Boost testosterone production
- Improve vitality, motivation and drive
- Support immune system
- Anti-aging properties
- Improve psychomotor performance including attention, processing and auditory reaction time6
Nettles are an essential edition to any testosterone boosting supplement. Here are the mechanisms of action for nettle.
- Inhibits 5-alpha reductase conversion of testosterone to DHT
- Inhibits the aromatase conversion of testosterone to estrogen
- Inhibits inflammation, allergies and immune dysfunction
- Increases sperm and testosterone production7
Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum)
Tong Kat Ali (Eurycoma longifolia)
Often called “Malaysian ginseng”, is traditionally used as a general health tonic, improving physical and mental energy levels and overall quality of life; as an adaptogen and as a traditional “anti-aging” remedy to help older individuals adapt to the reduced energy, mood, and libido that often comes with age.
What Tongkat Ali can do for you:
- Increase anabolic hormones, such as testosterone and DHEA and reduce the catabolic hormone cortisol
- Boost testosterone production
- Make free testosterone in men and women10
- Reduce SHBG
Thus, Alpha Mars is a comprehensive formula for boosting testosterone every man should consider taking, especially for us whom are 40 years or older or those seeking to boost their testosterone and gain the physical and mental performance that follows. The following is a graphical representation of the nutrients in Alpha Mars and their effects on optimising hormones.
Figure 4. Key Nutrients and their effects on testosterone levels in men.
“Hi ATP, my names Scottie, I’m a Crohn’s & Colitis sufferer and Im still on daily meds plus regular IV treatments for the disease. Because of these I have very limited diet and havent even been able to take protein shakes until the last week. I’ve tried many supplements all of which felt like they were tearing my insides apart….I was told about ATP Science from a friend, I first tried the Amp-V whichw as great, mixed it with an espresso twice a day. Then I bought Alpha Mars and T432 Plus. Both of these products have given me great results without effecting my Crohn’s at all. I feel like I have the energy to get a good session done daily and it’s really motivated me to keep pushing after a horrible, nearly life ending 2 year sickness period. I can’t wait to try other products like Alpha Prime. Hopefully as my diet begins to change I will see even more drastic results. I just wanted to let you know your products are great and although they weren’t designed with it in mind it’s really helping me out. I’m 3 weeks back into gym, up to 14.8 stone from 10.4 when I crashed, again thank you ATP!” – Scottie Wheldon
2016 & 2017 Australian Men’s Support Supplement of the Year Award
2017 Nutrition Warehouse Supplement Award for Best Test Booster of the Year.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Shawn M Talbott et al. Effect of Tongkat Ali on stress hormones and psychological mood state in moderately stressed subjects. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition 2013, 10:28
- Wilson E Review on shilajit used in traditional Indian medicine.J Ethnopharmacol. 2011 Jun 14;136(1):1-9. doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2011.04.033. Epub 2011 Apr 20.
- Biswas TK1, Pandit S, Mondal S, Biswas SK, Jana U, Ghosh T, Tripathi PC, Debnath PK, Auddy RG, Auddy B. Clinical evaluation of spermatogenic activity of processed Shilajit in oligospermia.andrologia. 2010 Feb;42(1):48-56. doi: 10.1111/j.1439-0272.2009.00956.x.
- Surapaneni DK Shilajit attenuates behavioral symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome by modulating the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis and mitochondrial bioenergetics in rats. J Ethnopharmacol. 2012 Aug 30;143(1):91-9. doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2012.06.002. Epub 2012 Jul 6.
- de Andrade E1, de Mesquita AA, Claro Jde A, de Andrade PM, Ortiz V, Paranhos M, Srougi M Study of the efficacy of Korean Red Ginseng in the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Asian J Androl. 2007 Mar;9(2):241-4.
- Enrico de Andrade et al.”Study of the efficacy of Korean Red Ginseng in the treatment of erectile dysfunction” Asian J Androl 2007; 9 (2): 241–244
- Iran J Reprod Med. 2014 Jun;12(6):401-8.BProtective effect of Urtica dioica L against nicotine-induced damage on sperm parameters, testosterone and testis tissue in mice. Jalili C1, Salahshoor MR1, Naseri A2.
- Rong Guan. Enhancement of Serum Testosterone Level, Swimming Endurance and Tolerance for Atmospheric Hypoxia by Furostanol Saponins. Paper commissioned by the Chinese Bureau for Small Enterprise Support
- Wilborn C1, Taylor L, Poole C, Foster C, Willoughby D, Kreider R.Effects of a purported aromatase and 5α-reductase inhibitor on hormone profiles in college-age men. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2010 Dec;20(6):457-65
- Henkel RR Phytother Res. 2014 Apr;28(4):544-50. doi: 10.1002/ptr.5017. Epub 2013 Jun 11. Tongkat Ali as a potential herbal supplement for physically active male and female seniors–a pilot study.