Fat Burning ingredients – there is a lot of hype around particular ingredients to provide the magic touch on your fat-burning journey. Are they actually as magic as they claim to be though, or is there a lot of excellent marketing behind ingredients that are all fluff and no fire? In this episode the teams discuss the 5 best ingredients matched closely with the 5 worst… ironically, one of the worst could also be one of the best, just to really throw you for a loop! We hope you enjoy this episode.
As always, this information is not designed to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any condition and is for information purposes only – please discuss any information in this podcast with your health care professional before making any changes to your current lifestyle.
- Tabrizi R, Saneei P, Lankarani KB, Akbari M, Kolahdooz F, Esmaillzadeh A, Nadi-Ravandi S, Mazoochi M, Asemi Z. The effects of caffeine intake on weight loss: a systematic review and dos-response meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2019;59(16):2688-2696. doi: 10.1080/10408398.2018.1507996. Epub 2018 Oct 18. PMID: 30335479.
- Stohs SJ. Safety, Efficacy, and Mechanistic Studies Regarding Citrus aurantium (Bitter Orange) Extract and p-Synephrine. Phytother Res. 2017 Oct;31(10):1463-1474. doi: 10.1002/ptr.5879. Epub 2017 Jul 28. PMID: 28752649; PMCID: PMC5655712.
- Rao S, Kurakula M, Mamidipalli N, Tiyyagura P, Patel B, Manne R. Pharmacological Exploration of Phenolic Compound: Raspberry Ketone—Update 2020. Plants. 2021; 10(7):1323. https://doi.org/10.3390/plants10071323
- Wharton S, Bonder R, Jeffery A, Christensen RAG. The safety and effectiveness of commonly-marketed natural supplements for weight loss in populations with obesity: A critical review of the literature from 2006 to 2016. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2020;60(10):1614-1630. doi: 10.1080/10408398.2019.1584873. Epub 2019 Mar 21. PMID: 30896252.
- Demine, S., Renard, P., & Arnould, T. (2019). Mitochondrial Uncoupling: A Key Controller of Biological Processes in Physiology and Diseases. Cells, 8(8), 795. https://doi.org/10.3390/cells8080795
- Grundlingh, J., Dargan, P. I., El-Zanfaly, M., & Wood, D. M. (2011). 2,4-dinitrophenol (DNP): a weight loss agent with significant acute toxicity and risk of death. Journal of medical toxicology : official journal of the American College of Medical Toxicology, 7(3), 205–212. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13181-011-0162-6
- Rahmani, Jamal & Miri, Ali & Černevičiūtė, Raminta & Thompson, Jacqueline & de Souza, Nisa & Sultana, Rehena & Kord Varkaneh, Hamed & Mousavi, Seyed Mohammad & Hekmatdoost, Azita. (2019). Effects of cereal beta-glucan consumption on body weight, body mass index, waist circumference and total energy intake: A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Complementary Therapies in Medicine. 10.1016/j.ctim.2019.01.018.
- Thu, Hnin & Mohamed, Isa & Hussain, Zahid & Jayusman, Putri & Shuid, Ahmad. (2017). Eurycoma Longifolia as a potential adoptogen of male sexual health: a systematic review on clinical studies. Chinese Journal of Natural Medicines. 15. 71–80.